2. I’m afraid it goes against the usual commercial practice not to allow a commission.
不給傭金與商業慣例恐怕不一致吧。
go against 與……相違背
It goes against the stipulations of the contract to insure the goods at 130% of the invoice balue.
按照發票金額130%給貨物投保違背合同規定。
3. Mr. John, you must be aware that the articles under offer our best sellers.
瓊斯先生,你肯定知道所報的商品都是我們的暢銷貨吧。
under offer = being offered
under一詞常有”處于某種狀態下“的意思。
I’ve come to make a contract with you for the business under discussion.
我就是來和你就討論中的那筆買賣訂合約的。
These products are under offer elsewhere.
這些產品已向其他地區的客戶報出。
The seller is under contract to supplly the buyer with 1,000 tons of cement a week.
賣方按合約每周要向買方供應1000噸水泥。
4. What do you say if we increase the order by 15,000 yards?
如果我們增加15,000碼訂貨,你們認為怎么樣?
What do you say 常用來征求對方某建議的看法,或是表示一種邀請。
What do you say to some Chinese dishes?
來幾道中國菜你說好不好?
What would you say to our meeting at 3 o’clock next Thursday?
我們下星期四三點鐘碰頭怎么樣?
What would he say if we postpone our appointment till August 5?
我們把約會延期至8月5日他會有意見嗎?
征求別人對某問題的意見還可以說:
How would it be if…
What do you think of …
What do you think if…What is your opinion?
5. But there’s one thing I wish to have your attention.
但有一件事情要提請你注意。
提請別人注意某事還可以說:
call one’s attention to something
draw one’s attention to something
invite one’s attention to something
Before I close, I must call your attention to a problem we have to face.
在我結束講話之前,還要提請你注意一項我們得面臨的問題。
We wish to draw your attention to the fact that the market is firm with an upward tendency.
我們愿請你注意這一事實,市場狀況堅挺且有上升趨勢。