1. But did it ever occur to you that we night take a new step forward?
但是,你考慮過我們可以再邁出新的一步吧?
occur內有“出現在腦中”、“想到”的意思。它常以it 做形式主語,代替一個從唏或不定式。
It has occurred to us that Type 32 might suit your purpose just as well.
我們想起來32型可能對你們同樣適用。
Has it occurred to you that the damage might take place before loading of the goods?
你有沒有想過貨損可能在裝運前就發生了?
The possibility never occurred to us that you would decline to accept the order.
我們從沒想過你方會有拒絕這筆訂單的可能性。
Didn’t it occur to you to bring your price into line with ours?
你沒想過將你方價格降到和我方價格一致的水平上嗎?
The damage must have occurred during transit.
貨損肯定是在運輸途中發生的。
We assure you that such unfortunate event will never occur again.
我們向你保證這種不幸事件今后再也不會發生。
2. It all depends on what ypu can do.
這完全取決于你方能做些什么了。depend on 依靠,取決于……
The size of our order depends very much on your price.
我們的訂單大小在很大程度上取決于你方的價格。
Business depends on the rate of commission you’re going to make.
這筆業務將取決于你方提供的傭金。
在It depend 后面鷗鳥可以省略,口語中尤其如此。
It depends whar you are willing to pay.
這完全看你愿意出什么價。
3. I’m coming to that.
我就要談到這一點了。
談話時對方提出某個問題,而這個問題正是自己馬上就要談到的,這時候便可以用I’m coming to that. 這句話。例如:
--By the way,what are you going to do our clain for short-weight?
順便插一句,關于我們提出的短重索賠一事,你們準備如何處理呢?
--Just be patient. We’re coming to it.
別著急,我馬上就要談到。
4. As your agent, we shall spare no effort to promote the sale of your slippers on our market.
作為你方代理我們將不遺余力地在我們市場上推銷你們的拖鞋。
(1)spare no effort不遺余力
We’ll spare no effort to ensure that the quality is in conformity with the specifications in the contract.
我們將盡力確保貨物質量與合同規格相符。
We are sparing no effort to build up a large turnover so as to qualify for sole agent appointment.
我們正在盡最大努力擴大交易額以符合獨家代理的資格。
(2)sale 一詞無疑是業務談判中用途很廣的詞。
I congratulate you on having achieved a great sale in the past year.
祝賀你在過去一年中取得巨大的銷售量。
We’re doing our best to advertise the sale of your commodities.
我們正在盡最大努力做廣告推銷你方產品。
We confirm the sale to you of 2,000 tons red Beans.
茲確認賣給你方2000噸紅豆。
Our offer is usbject toprior sale.
我方報盤以貨物未售出為條件。
China’s bristles continued to enjoy a large sale in the international market.
中國豬鬃在國際市場上繼續大量售出。
The sellers are allowed some discount on the goods in order to increase sales.
賣方為了增加銷售,對銷售商品給予一定程度的折扣。
Our bicycles have reached a sale of 5,000pieces a month.
我們自行車每月銷售量已達到5,000輛。
The sales of red Beans fell off considerably in the past few months.
注意sale 用作定語時,常常用其復數形式sales.
sales terms 銷售條款
sales contract售貨合同
sales turnover銷售額
sales representative銷售代表