3.As a rule we don’t accept D/P or D?A payment terms.
一般地說,我們不接受付款交單或承兌交單
as general, as a general rile, in most cases等。
As a general rule the expiry date of L/c is to be 15 days after the shipment date, leaving enough time for negotiation.
按照通常規定,信用證失效期應在裝船后第15天,留有足夠的議付時間。
Just after liberation in most cases we sold our goods on FOB while we bought onCIF.
解放初期,一般情況下我們按FOB售出商品,但買進卻按CIF。
4.To speak frankly ,it will add to the cost of our imports to open an L/C with a bank, expecially for such a hugh order.
坦率地說,通過銀行開立信用證會增加我們的進口成本,尤其是這么大的訂單。
Add vt. & vi.
We forget to add your commission to the price.
我們忘了把你的傭金加到貨價上了。
Please add a sufficient quantity of spare parts to this order.
請在這份訂單中加上足夠數量的備件。
This will add to our difficulty/ expense/cost.
這將增加我們的困難/費用/成本。
The increasing requirements add to the firmness of the market.
需求量日益增長,使得市場更加堅挺。
All the figuyres add up to $150,000.
所有這些數字加起來共計為150,000美元。
5.I understand,but it can’t be helped.
我理解,但這也是沒辦法的事。
It can’t be helped.意思是“這是沒辦法避免的事”與I can’t help it.意思一樣(參見第14課注6)
--The price has soared up in the past few weeks.
過去幾個星期中價格飛漲。
—Well, it can’t be helped. Demand has to a great extent exceeded supply.
那有什么辦法呢?需求在很大程度上超過了供給。
The manager has decided to withdraw the offer. It can’t be helped.
經理已決定撤盤,無法挽回了。
6. It’s beyond our power to grant your request.
我們無力答應你們的要求。
request 請求
這個詞在外貿業務中經常使用。
They made a request to us for additional samples.
他們要求我們給予更多的樣品。
In accordance with your request, we worked out our CIF offer for you. It goes like this.
按照你方的要求我們特向你作出CIF報價,內容如下。
At your request we airmailed to you catalogues and sample books three copies each.
應你方要求我們寄上商品目錄及樣本各3份。
Further information will be supplied on request.
進一步的情況承索給予提供。
7. D/P will put us to great trouble while an L/C will give us protection of the bank.
付款交單會給我們帶來極大麻煩,而信用證則可以使我們得到銀行的保護。
Put someone to 使某人處于……
It will put us to great trouble if we allow you a higher rate of commission.
如果我們付給你的傭金高,會給我們帶來麻煩的。
We’ve been put to no end of expense by the damage.
貨物損壞給我們造成了無休止的花費。
8. There could be no doubt about it.
沒問題。
There is (can be )no doubt.是一個習語,表示說話人對事物的肯定看法。
There is no doubt about his commercial integrity.
他的商業信譽是毋庸置疑的。
There could be no doubt that he will employ all possible means to obtain the supply.
他會竭盡全力搞到貨源,這一點不會有問題。
No doubt yours are best sellers-but then your sales conditions are too harsh.
毫無疑問,你們的產品時暢銷品——不過,你們的銷售條件也太苛刻了。
You no doubt know we request payment by L/C available against draft at sight.
你一定知道,我們要求即期信用證付款吧。
—Your open-door policy will remain unchanged, won’t it
你們的開放政策不會改變,是嗎?
—No doubt.
當然了。