1. I should say the quality and finish are all right.
我認為質量和加工都不錯。
I should say我得說。常含有“我確實認為”的意思。
I should say your commodities have found a firm footing in our market.
我得說,你們的商品在我們市場上已牢牢站住腳了。
--Did these goods enjoy a wide popularity among the end-users?
這些商品在用戶中很受歡迎嗎?
--I should say so.
我是這么認為的。
I should say this is a good idea.
我肯定這是個好主意。
2.Is there anything wrong with them?
它們哪兒不合適呀?
注意口語中wrong的一些常用方法:
Is there anything wrong with the contract?
合同有什么不對的嗎?
Nothing is wrong. (There is nothing wrong.)
沒毛病,一切很好。
I would not be far wrong to say the contract is fulfilled on our part.
從我們方面來說已經履行合同,這樣講并不算太錯(太過分)。
We shall not be very wrong if we suppose that your designis not of date.
你們式樣太過時,這樣認為不會大錯。
Everything went wrong with the offer and the counter offer.
報價,還價統統出了毛病。
3. Well, for one thing, I don’t think I like the color.
嗯,我想我不喜歡它的顏色,這是其一。
(1)I don’t think I like the color.與 I think I don’t like the color.都是正確的句子,但前者比較普通并符合英語習慣。
We don’t think we can meet your requirement this time.
我們不認為這次我們能滿足你們的需要。
They didn’t think there would be a big change in market conditions.他們認為市場狀況不會有大的改變。
(2) for one thing 這個短語常常用來列舉理由。其一……若干……等
Your offer is far from being acceptable. For one thing, the price is much too high, and for another, delivery appears a little too late.
你方報價遠難接受。首先,價格太高,其次交貨期看上去也有點晚了。
--I don’t think I like this shirt. For one think, the color looks too high-Sounding.
我想我不喜歡這件襯衫。首先,顏色就太夸張。
--For another?
還有呢?
--For another, the design seems old fashioned.
還有,圖案好像太古板。
4.Besides, the design is a little our of date.
此外圖案有點過時了。
Besides用在連接上下文的場合下,可以引出比前面更加有力的論據。口語中類似意義的詞還有:
Moreover, what’s more, in addition, on top of that等。
We couldn’t get our customers round to accept your price, which is too high. In
addition, the quality of your commodities not so good.
你們的價格太高,我們無法勸說客戶接受。再說,你們商品質量也并不那么好。
All the goods have been booked out, and on top of that, it would be another two weeks before fresh supply can come in.
所有的貨都訂購一空,而且新貨兩星期后才能到達。
The delivery date is too far away. What’s more , your payment terms are too harsh.
交貨期太遠。 更主要的是,你們的付款條件太苛刻。