5.That is to say, we can make machine tools according to our customers’ samples and exact specifications. You know, service is the motto of our company.
也就是說, 我們可以嚴格按照客戶提供的樣品和具體規格制造機床。你要知道,為客戶服務是我們的宗旨。
That is to say常用來引起另一番話,對自己剛才說的話作出進一步說明。
On February 15, that is to say, the day the goods were shipped on board, we sent you a fax.
在2月15日,也即貨物上船的那天,我們曾給你發去一封傳真。
I t will also be teaching them to think, that is to say, to think clearly and to think
deeply.
這也將教他們思考,也就是說,要清晰地思考,深刻地思考。
6.Now, please tell me, do you offer FOB or CIF?
那么請問,你們報船上交貨價還是到岸價?
貿易談判中,詢問價格常用句子有如下這些(有些是商店零售用語):
Do you quote FOB prices?
你們報船上交貨價嗎?
What’s the price per dozen for your socks?
你們襪子每打是什么價?
What prices do you quote for these items?
這些商品你們報什么價?
How(What price)do you ask for it?
How much is it?
How much does it cost?
What’s the lowest you would take for it?
How much will it be altogether?
How much do all these things come to ?
1. I’d rather you quoted us CIF prices.
我希望你們報到岸價。
“I’d rather + 從句‘這種結構表示“寧可讓某人做某事。從句中一般用過去時表示現在或將來要做的事情,但也有用現在時的。
I’d rather you make a long distance call home for advice.
我想你最好還是給家里打個長途電話征求意見。
Our manager would rather you quoted him your most favorable terms in future.
我們經常希望你以后報你方最優惠價。
2. We’ll see to it when we make you offers.
報價時,我們將注意這一點。
see to 注意,料理
We’ll see to your requirements when we have fresh supplies.
我們在新貨可供時,將考慮你們的需要。
I hope you will see to the matter immediately.
希望你們能立即處理此事。
see to短語后面可以接從句,句型為see to it that 從或see that從句。
We shall be glad if you will see to it that the contract is duly signed.
如果你方對合同完滿簽字能給予關照,我們將十分高興。
They will see that the L/C reaches you before the month is out.
他們將注意信用證在月底到達你方。