1. Can I help you?
我能為您效勞嗎?
商店營業員或其他服務人員接待客人時的通常用語。類似的表達方式還有:
What can I do for you?
(Is there) anything I can do for you?
但是注意不要說What’s your business? (你有什么事?)或What do you want?
(你要什么?)這些是很不禮貌的。
Salesgirl: Good morning. Can I help you?
女售貨員:早上好。我能為您服務嗎?
Customer: I want to buy a shirt, a blue one, please.
顧客:我想買件襯衫,藍色的。
Operator: Hello, what can I do for you?
接線員:你好, 能為您做什么?
Client: Please put me through to the manager’s office.
客戶:請接經理辦公室。
2 . He’s been expecting you.
他一直在等您呢。
have (has) been doing 是英語現在完成進行時的結構,用來表示一個動作從過去一起延續到現在。
I’ve been looking forward to this trip for quite some time.
許久以來我就盼望這趟旅行了。
How have you been getting on with your work?
你工作進行得怎么樣?
3.At last we can say hello face to face with each other.
我們終于可以面對面打招呼了。這句話意思是,他們過去只胡通訊往來,但從未見過面,現在終于見面了。
face to face
It would be helpful if we could have a talk on price face to face.
我們如果能面對面地談談價格問題,那將會很有幫助的。
I’ m face to face with a new problem, which I must solve at one.
我現在面臨一個問題,必須馬上解決。
face to face 有時還可以用途定語:
I suggest we hold a face to face talk as soon as possible.
我建議我們盡快舉行一次面對面的會談。
4.It seems that we’ve never done business with you before.
我們好像沒有過業務往來。
It seems + that clause 句型常用來表示說話人對某一客觀事物的看法不太有把握。
It seems that the market is going to go up.
市場行情看來像是要漲。
It seems that we can’t catch the March shipment.
我們好像趕不上3月份裝船了。
There seems to be some mistake in the offer.
報價里看來有錯。
1. In that case, you must be very experienced in this line of business.
那樣的話,你尋這一行一定很有經驗了。
in this case/in that case/in every case, 在這種/那種/各種情況下
in many/most/all cases, 在許多/大多數/所有情況下
in no case, 決不,無論如何不能
Even in that case, you might send a letter of excuse anyhow.
即使在那種情況下,你也可以寫封解釋解釋呀。
What is the usual practice in such cases?
這種情況下通常的做法是什么呢?
In any case, I shall take the message to Mr. Smith asking him to call the head office.
不管怎么樣,我總會帶信給史密斯先生讓他給總公司打電話。
In no case are you to break your work to us.
無論如何你對我們也不能失信。
6.We do hope regular trade relation can be established between us.
我們的確希望你我之間能建立起經常的貿易關系。
Do (did )作為助動詞用在肯定句中可以表示強調的作用。
I do think you should telephone your head office for advice.
我的確認為你應當給你們總公司打個電話征求意見。
We did try to get our customers round to accept your offer.
我們確實勸說過我們的客戶接受你們的報價。
在口語中,Do用在祈使句中可以使邀請的口氣更加客氣、熱情或友好。
Do come in, please!
請進請進。
Do have another piece of fish!
再來塊魚吧!
7.If any product is of interest to you, just tell me.
如果其中有任何產品使您感興趣,請告訴我。
介詞of + 名詞除去表示所屬關系之外, 還表示“具有某種品質,特征”的含義。
有時相當于該名詞的形容詞。如be of use –useful.
This article is of special interest to me.
我們對這種產品特別有興趣。
Quality is of first importance.
品質是頭等大事。
Of excellent quality and reasonable price, our products are warmly received by
Customers both at home and abroad.
我們的產品品質超群, 價格合理,受到國內外客戶的熱烈歡迎。
8. With your cooperation, I believe trade between us will surely develop fast and to
Our mutual interest.
有了你的合作,我相信我們之間的貿易肯定會飛快民展并對你我雙方都有利。
介詞with 常常用來表示一種伴隨的情況或者說明造成某一局面的原因。
With so many back orders on hand, we can’t promise any shipment before October.
手頭過期訂單那么多,我們無法答應10月份以前裝船。
With such a low stock ,the seller is not active in making an offer.
庫存量那么少,賣方不積極主動報盤。
With competition from many other countries, we really can’t talk them around.
其他國家都在競爭,我們實在無法讓他們回心轉意。