nag 愛嘮叨的人
That friend of yours is married to a real nag. How does he stand her persistent fussing?
你那位朋友娶了個多嘴婆,他怎么能受得了那無休止的嘮叨呢?
natural 在某方面有天生才能的人
Paul plays tennis so well, he must be a natural.
保羅網球打得真好,他天生就是打網球的料兒。
next of kin 近親,家人
If a person has a serious car accident, his or her next of kin will be notified.
假如一個人發生嚴重的車禍,他或她的近親就會接到通知。
night person 愛熬夜的人
She’s a night person, never gets up before afternoon.
她是個夜貓子,不睡到中午不起床。
nit-picker 專門挑剔別人毛病的人,吹毛求疵的人,過分仔細的人
The old man is a nit-picker.
這位老先生是個吹毛求疵的人。
number one 頭兒,首領
Please let me know who is number one around here.
請告訴我誰是這兒的一把手。
old bach 單身漢
My fifty year-old uncle will never get married. I think he likes being an old bach.
我那位50歲的叔叔永遠都不會結婚,我想他愿意過獨身生活。
old bag 無吸引力的女人,人老珠黃的女人
The old bag yelled at her husband to go to the grocery store and buy some milk.
那個黃臉婆沖著自己的丈夫大喊大叫,叫他去食品雜貨店買牛奶。
old battle ax 老悍婦,黃臉婆
I pity him because he has to go home to his old battle ax every night.
我可憐他,因為他每天都得回到他的黃臉婆那兒過夜。
old geezer 年老的男人
I saw several old geezer walking in the park.
我看到幾個老頭在公園里散步。
old maid 老處女
The old maid on the corner lives alone except for her cats.
住在街角的那個老處女孤單一人,一貓為伴。
pack rat 收藏無用東西的人,舍不得丟掉東西的人
As Tom never throws anything away, we call him a pack rat.
由于湯姆從不扔東西,我們稱他為“垃圾”收藏家。
peach 漂亮的姑娘,迷人的女子
Look at that peach sitting over there. She’s just the kind of girl I could bring home to mother.
快看坐在那兒的漂亮姑娘,她正是媽媽希望我帶回家的那種。
pencil pusher 坐辦公室的人,腦力勞動者
All the colleagues in my department are pencil pushers.
我們系所有的同事都是白領。