※ fair-weather friend (只能同安樂不能共患難的)“酒肉”朋友
When she ignored him during his financial problem, he knew she was a fair-weather friend.
當陷入經濟困境而被她疏遠時,他知道了她只有在順境時才是朋友。
※ get bad vibes 對某人印象很差
Whenever I walk into Dr. Plye’s office, I get bad vibes. I don't think he likes to deal with people.
每當我走進派爾醫生的辦公室,就感覺不好。我覺得他不喜歡同人打交道。
※ get good vibes 對某人印象頗佳
I get good vibes from her, I think she will get along well with the other people in the office.
我覺得她不錯兒,她會同辦公室里的人相處得很好。
※ get next to (someone) 成為(某人)的密友,與(某人)關系密切
Now that Roy has been promoted to assistant manager, it is really hard to get next to him.
既然羅伊已經被提拔為經理助理,要成為他的密友可就難了。
※ get on the horn 打電話
I’m going to get on the horn and tell everyone about the party.
我會打電話告訴大家宴會的有關情況。
※ give ( someone ) a buzz 給(某人)打電話
Give me a buzz when you get home.
你回到家時,請給我打電話。
※ give (someone) a ring 給(某人)打電話
I’ll give you a ring tonight around 7:00.
我今晚大約7點鐘給你打電話。