Discussing Work 談論工作
G=Gerald Boyd Y=Yoshio Sato
G:Mr Sato? My name’s Gerald Boyd. I realy enjoyed your presentation.
佐藤先生嗎?我是杰拉爾德.博伊德。我很喜歡你的演示。
Y:Thank you. What company are you with?施診我,你在哪個公司工作?
G:I’m with Biotec. We’re very much interested in your research.我是Biotec公司的。我們對你的研究很感興趣。
Y:Well, I’m very glad to hear that. What department do you work in at Biotec?
聽到你這樣說我很高興,你在Biotec的哪個部門工作?
G:Research and development, but I also do some work in marketing.研發部門,但是我也做一部分市場營銷工作。
Y: Have you been at Biotec a long time?你在Biotec工作很久了嗎?
Yes
G:Yes.I’ve been with them for almost nine years.是的,快9年了。
Y:Have youalways worked in the pharmaceutical industry?你一直從事制藥業嗎?
Yes
G:Yes. After I graduated from college.I worked with Ipax, a company in Texas.
是,我大學畢業之后,在得克薩斯州的Ipax工作。那以后,我在PDC工作了10年。
No
G: Not that long. I’ve been with them for six months. I joined the company after I graduated from college.
沒有多久,工作了六個月。大學畢業我就進了這家公司。
No
G: No. After I got my bachelor’s degree. I was with a software company in Calitornia for six years.
不,我畢業后在加利福尼亞的一家軟件公司工作了六年。
Y:That’s interesting. Why did you leave the computer industry?聽起來很有意思,你為什么要離開計算機行業?
G:I felt I needed a change.我覺得我需要改變。
在美國,university和college意思相同,英國也存在colleges,指的是不太有名的教育機構或者是牛津、劍橋大學里的一個學院。