Unit 16 Going to a Party 參加聚會
Conversation 1 (會話一)
A: We’re going to have a party this weekend.
Would you like to hoin us?
這個周末我們要搞個聚會,你想要加入嗎?
B: Oh, great! Can I bring a friend along?
哦,太好了!我可以帶個朋友去嗎?
C: Ofcourse. The mor ethe merrier.
當然可以。人多熱鬧嘛。
Key Words and Phrases(關鍵詞匯)
party /'pA:ti:/ (名)聚會
weekend /'wi:kend/ (名)周末
join /dZOin/ (動)參加,加入
bring sb. along 把某人帶來/去
merry /'meri/ (形)快活的
Notes(注釋)
The more merrier 是一句習語,意思是:越多越好。
Conversation 2(會話二)
Song: Goodto see you. Come on in.
見到你太好 了。快請進。
Louise: Thank you. Here’s a present for you.
謝謝。這是給我的禮物。
Song: Oh,you should’t. But thank you verymuch.
喲,你真客氣。謝謝你。
Key Words and Phrases (關鍵詞匯)
Present /'prezEnt/ (名)禮物
Notes(注釋)
Come on in 常用于口語中,意思是“遘”或“請進”,比Come in 聽上去客氣些。
You shouldn’t 在這里相當于You should’t do that(bring a present).實際上是表示對送禮者的感謝。
Conversation 2(會話三)
Lee: Are you having a good time?
玩得開心嗎?
Kevin: Oh, yes. It’s a great party. There are some people I don’t know, though.
哦, 是的。這聚會搞得挺不錯的。不過有些人我不認識。
Lee: Really? Come on. I’ll introduce them to you.
是嗎?來,我把他們介紹給你。
Kevin: Thatwould本great。
那太好了。
Key Words and Phrases (關鍵詞匯)
have a good time 玩得開心
though /DEu/ (副)不過
introduce /;intrE'dju:s/ (動)介紹
Notes(注釋)
Come on 是口語中的常用語,有“來吧”、“快點兒”等意思。
Additional Useful Expressions (補充常用語)
Who are nyou going to invite?
你邀請哪些人?
Who else have you invited?
你還邀請了誰?
There will be a lot of food and drink at the party.
聚會上有的是吃的和喝的。
How shall I be dressed?
我該穿什么去?
Casual dress would be fine.
穿得隨意點好了。
P有懷糇務須。
請自帶酒水。
How about having a pot-luck party?
我們每人都準備一份菜,合起來開個聚餐會怎么樣?
I’d like you to meer my frineds.
我想把你引見給我的朋友。
We have met.
我們見過面。
Do I know you?
我認識你嗎?(覺得某人面熟或想搭話時可以這樣說)
The party won’t be fun without you.
沒有你聚會就沒勁了。
Let’s have some music.
我們來點音樂吧。
HH
Vocabulary(詞匯)
invite /in'vait/ (動)邀請
causual /kQZjuEl/ (形)非正式的
pot-luck party 各帶食物的聚餐會