1. So far our negotiation has covered all the main parts of the transaction.
到現在為止,我們的談判覆蓋了交易的各主要方面。
so far迄今為止
Our english training business this year has so far turned out pretty well.
今年到現在我們的英語培訓學校業務相當不錯。
We ‘ve so far sold 50 dozen shirts since we put them onto the market.
自從襯衫投放市場以來我們已經賣出50打了。
So far the two parties have failed to agree upon a settlemant of the claim.
雙方到目前還沒有就索賠達成解決方法。
4.….and what not
這是一個非常口語化的短語,常用于列舉事物。第21課中已經出現。,另例:
At the fair are deisplayed textiles, electricity products, electronics, chemicals and what not.
交易會上展出展品有紡織品、電器產品、電子產品、化工產品等。
They will send you food supplies and what not by direct steamer.
他們會把食品供應以及其他什么用直達船給你們送去。
I saw a queerly arranged group of different colored lights in the distance—yellow, green red, and what not.
我遠遠看見一片排列得很奇特的各色的燈光——黃的,紅的,綠的等。
5. And I’m pleased to say we have come to terms with each other on all these points.
我很高興我們就所有這些問題都達成協議了。
come to terms達成協議
If we could come to terms, we’d entrust you with sole agency in Montreal.
如果我們能達成協議,我們將委托你方在蒙特利爾行使獨家代理權。
It was only through lengthy and on and on-and –off negotiations that the two parties eventually came to terms and struck the bargain.
在經過漫長的,斷斷續續的磋商后,雙方最終才達成協議并成交。
After weeks of arbitration the buyer and the seller have finally come to terms on the question of compensation.
經過數周仲裁,買賣雙方最終就賠償問題取得一致意見。
關于“達成協議”的其他表達方式,參見第15及第20課注釋。
6. Things that should be there are there.
該有的都有了。(該寫進合同的都寫進去了)
7. Needless to say, the total amount will be increased accordingly.
不言而喻,總金額也相應增加了。
Needless to say, after the business season, we will run the risk of the toy market being bear.
不用說,旺季過后我們就會冒玩具市場下跌的風險。
Needless to say, we shall look favorably on any suggestion that will increase efficiency.
不言而喻,我們將積極考慮任何提高效率的建議。
Needless to say, we have been put to great inconvenience.
毋需說,這給我們帶來很大麻煩。
8. I’ll have the contract revised and get it ready to be signed.
我將把合同修改一下,準備簽字。
有關合同的用語,參見第5課及第7課注釋。在合同修改時,常用語如下。
有了這些詞語,任何合同修改應該不會有困難了。
They amend the contract by some additions and deletions.
他們對合同做了一些增添和刪除。
As requested, we revise the contract as follows:
(1)The total quantity is changed from 250metric tons to 300 metric tons.
(2)The word “about” IS INSERTED BEFORE THE QUANTITY.
(3) The insurance clause is deleted.
遵照要求,我們修改合同如下:
(1)數量由250公噸改為300公噸。
(2)數量前加入“大約”一詞。
(3)刪除保險條款。