當你確實有一段工作上的空白期時,在面試前要先想好如何應答,一般面試官都會在此提問。實事求是表達曾經離職原因以及長時間不工作的原因,并且讓面試官去除困擾,證明自己的能力沒有因長時間不工作而削減。
你將聽到的
離職原因 Why did you leave your last job ?
工作影響 Do you think your working ability has been weakened during your blank period ?
工作狀態 Can you be at your best soon if we hire you ?
工作持久 Can you keep on doing this job ?
優勢運用 Do you have other merits that can convince us to hire you ?
平衡矛盾 How would you balance the responsibility for your family and your work ?
你也許會說
職業規劃 I’m desirous of leaving the last job in order to gain more experience in exporting business .
生活方面 I left my last position to be with aged mother and cared for her during her illness .
意外因素 The reason for leaving my present employment is because they are closing their in the face of economic slowdown .
職場心經
對于職業生涯中的“空白”,最好不要胡編亂造,切忌刻意遮掩,因為所有的謊言都會不攻自破的,如果被求職單位發現有不誠實求職的言行,必將影響到求職者最終的求職錄取。你只要提前做好回答的準備就行了,你不但應該回答你再這段時間里干了什么,而且要說明經過了這段空白期你還能夠勝任當前的工作。你所要做的就是消除對方對你的擔心,讓面試官相信在這段空白期你的工作能力不但沒有被削弱反而增強了,特別要突出你與所應聘職位相關的優勢。俗話說“凡事預則立,不預則廢”,做好這方面的準備是很有必要的。
必備的詞匯熱身
irreconcilable a. 不妥協的
rehabilitate v. 改造,修復
pregnant a. 懷孕的,妊娠的
decoration n. 裝飾;裝潢
blight v. 破壞,摧殘
utmost a. 極度的 n. 極限,最大可能
consistent a. 一貫的;一致的
match n. 比賽;對手;火柴 v.相配,相稱
backbone n. 脊梁骨;支柱;毅力
當被問及自己的簡歷中有一段空白期的時候你會聽到
Why is there a blank period in your CV ?
為什么你的簡歷中有一段空白期?
What’s your reason for leaving the last position ?
請告訴我你離職的原因。
Can you tell me the reason why you left your last company ?
能夠告訴我你離開上一個公司的原因嗎?
Why have you been out of the paid workforce for a few years ?
你為什么有多年的職業空白期?
Do you think your working ability has been weakened during your blank period ?
這段空白期會對你的工作技能造成多大的影響?
Can you be at your best soon if we hire you ?
如果我們錄用你,你是否能很快進入最佳工作狀態?
Are you sure you are fit for the present position ?
你確定自己適合目前這個職位嗎?
How long can you stay with us ?
你能夠在這個職位做多久?
Can you keep on doing this job ?
你能一直做這份工作嗎?
Are you consistent in holding this position ?
你不會轉職吧?
Are there irreconcilable conflicts between the family and your work ?
你是否認為家庭和工作之間存在著不可調和的矛盾?
How would you balance the responsibility for your family and your work ?
你怎樣平衡自己對家庭和對工作的責任?
當回答自己的簡歷中有一段空白期的時候你會說
1. I did not seek job after my first failure for the examinations for the postgraduates in the fourth year of my college life in order to take the preparation for another one in the next year . After I failed it again this year , I’m determined to give up the preparation for a job I like .
我大四考研失敗后沒有找工作,而是繼續為下一年的研究生考試做準備,今年又沒有考取研究生我就決心放棄考研,來找一份自己喜歡的工作。
2. I had worked as an executive secretary for six years . But I did not see any chance of promotion for lower degree . So I enrolled in a study program for MBA.
因為學歷不夠高,我做了六年的行政秘書卻一直沒有得到升職,于是我考取了工商管理學碩士。
3. I had a car accident on the way to work . I have received several surgical operations and rehabilitation training . Now I have recovered my health .
我在一次上班的路上出了車禍,我在醫院做了幾次手術,又經過了康復訓練,現在已經沒有大礙了。
4, The reason for leaving my present employment is because they are closing their office in the face of economic slowdown .
本人離職的原因,系因該公司即將倒閉。
5. My daughter enrolled in Michigan University in America , so I resigned my job and accompanied her in America for 4 years .
我的女兒考取了美國密歇根大學,所以我辭掉了工作去陪讀。
6. I took care of my child for three years till he went to the kindergarten . Now it’s time for me to return to my position in this industry .
三年里,我在家照顧孩子,現在孩子已經上了幼兒園。現在該是我重返工作崗位的時
侯了。
7. I’m desirous of leaving the last job in order to gain more experience in exporting business .
本人想在出口貿易方面獲得更多經驗,故辭去上一份工作。
8. This job does not match my specialty .
這個工作與我的專業不對口。
9. My reason for leaving the company is that I wish to get into the advertising business .
本人離職的原因是想在廣告業有所發展。
10. I left my last position to be with my aged mother and cared for her during her illness .
我為照顧年邁生病的母親而離職。
match 表示和……相配,和……相稱的意思。等同于fit . 例如: The color of the shirt does not match that of the tie .襯衫的顏色與領帶不相配。
更多精彩內容分享可關注優朗英語官方網站,會不定期推送!